Charcoal Roasted spaghetti squash over pesto topped with Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Valentine's day is over so now is the perfect time to be a little shelfish, or at least eat one! Impress your lover (but mostly yourself) by making this incredibly delightful shrimp recipe.
- 4 cups fresh basil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup of olive/grape seed oil blend
- 8 oz. pine nuts
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Blend well in a food processor
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- 1 16 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can of tomato paste
- 2 lbs. large uncooked shrimp
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup of red wine (I use Cabernet Savignon)
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. Fresh oregano chopped
- ½ cup Fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Place 2 tsp. olive oil in a pan over med./high heat and add the chopped garlic
- Add butter and allow to melt
- After butter has melted add all of the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts turning pink.
- Remove shrimp, place into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste
- Add in the salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano and basil.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes then add the red wine.
- After 10 more minutes add the shrimp and all of the juices in the bowl.
- Let simmer for another 10 minutes and remove from heat. (Shrimp should be completely cooked at this point.
- Slice spaghetti squash down the center long ways and scoop out seeds.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with generous amount of kosher salt and black pepper
- Roast at 350°F on the grill face down indirect heat for about 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash out and place into a bowl. It should have the appearance of angel hair pasta.
Place some pesto onto the center of a plate, place some spaghetti squash over it and then top with the shrimp Fra Diavolo sauce. Add some grated Romano cheese and cracked black pepper to taste.
|ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 bbqguru.com
||Printed from BBQGuru.com 12/14/2018