Smoked Pastrami Sandwich w/ Spicy Mustard and O'Reilly Stout Beer Glaze
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
Yummy, packed full of flavor, Irish standard with a twist! Celebrate with delicious smoked pastrami.
Pastrami Rub on Meat:
Use new 7Bones Beef Rub or make your own simple pastrami rub:
- 2 tbsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tbs. mustard powder
- 2 Cups SLY FOX O'Reilly Stout (or similar stout)
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Clove finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Shallot sliced fine
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Stick Butter
Beer Glaze Directions:
- Melt Butter in Skillet, then add garlic & shallot.
- Let cook over medium heat for 1 minute then add beer, brown sugar and salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 miuntes and let it reduce & thicken.
- Once the corned beef comes off the smoker, let it rest for 30 minutes in foil.
- Remove the pastrami and slice it thin against the grain.
- Spread some butter on each piece of rye bread then grill them for about 1 minute to achieve some nice brown grill marks.
- Spread spicy horseradish mustard on the top and bottom piece.
- Lay about 5 slices of pastrami down on the toasted rye then spoon on the Sly Fox O’Reilly beer glaze.
- Place the top piece of rye on and enjoy!
|ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 bbqguru.com
||Printed from BBQGuru.com 2/22/2019