. You must agree to terms to use site.
Grilled Meatball Burger with Pesto and Spicy Marinara on a Brioche Roll
Cook Time: 20
Ready In: 20
The burger is made like a homemade Italian meatball and grilled over charcoal. A brioche bun is grilled then layered with pesto, fresh mozzarella, roasted spaghetti squash, a parmesan crisp and topped with spicy marinara.
- 2 lbs. meatloaf mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 5 oz. warm water
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together by hand and form into patties
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup of roasted unsalted almonds
- 10 oz. canCrushed tomatoes
- 3 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- ¼ cup Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Simmer all ingredients for 20 minutes over medium heat and set aside
Grill the patties at 400 degrees flipping once. Remove them when the internal temp reaches 130 degrees internally.
Parmesan cheese crisp:
Place small handful of shredded parmesan onto a med/hot skillet and allow it to melt. Once golden brown, remove it from the heat and set aside. Make one for every burger.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash:
- Cut in half, remove seeds and brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast on the 400 degree grill ahead of time for about 30 minutes or until tender. Shred and set side.
Slice into 1/2” thick slices and set aside
- Butter both sides of the brioche buns and grill for 1 minute until you have golden brown grill marks
- Spread pesto on bottom of Brioche bun then place parmesan crisp on, Set the burger onto the crisp and then add some shredded spaghetti squash and top with spicy marinara.
|ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 bbqguru.com
||Printed from BBQGuru.com 12/8/2022