. You must agree to terms to use site.
Pastrami Hash Stuffed Cabbage w/ a Dark Guinness Gravy
Cook Time: 7 hours
Ready In: 7 hours
Celebrate this St. Patrick's day with a different twist on some Irish Favorites! This Pastrami Hash rolled in Cabbage then drenched with a Guinness Gravy is sure to make an Irishmen smile on St. Patrick's Day!
- 2 lbs pastrami rough chopped
- 15-20 baby red and gold potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Dark Guinness Gravy:
- 8 oz. Guinness Draught beer
- 2 c. savory beef gravy
- 1 shallot chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 head of cabbage
- Pastrami hash
- 2 cups beef stock
Pastrami Hash Procedure:
- Grill the baby potatoes and onions direct until the potatoes are soft and onion has some nice grill marks
- Rough chop pastrami, potatoes and grilled onions and place into an aluminum half pan.
- Add butter and ½ cup parsley and stir all ingredients together with a set of tongs.
- Add salt and pepper and stir around often over direct heat until the ingredients start to brown and potatoes get nice and soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
Guiness Dary Gravy Procedure:
- Place butter in a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Once butter is melted add the chopped shallot and cook until translucent.
- Add the beer and allow it to simmer and reduce for a minute or two.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Add gravy and stir well. Allow the gravy to thicken for approx.. 4 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
Stuffed Cabbage Procedure:
- Set grill to 325°F indirect
- Remove core of cabbage and discard
- Blanch whole cabbage head in boiling water for approx. 10-12 minutes. This will allow the cabbage leaves to be removed whole without splitting.
- Allow cabbage to cool slightly then remove the leaves and set in a dish.
- Spoon about 4 oz. of pastrami hash into a cabbage leaf then fold in sides and roll tightly. Set the stuffed cabbage roll into a disposable full or half pan and continue the process until you have used all of your cabbage leaves.
- Pour the beef stock into the pan and place the pan of cabbage rolls onto the grill uncovered for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the cabbage leaves are tender. Serve topped with the dark Guinness gravy.
|ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 bbqguru.com
||Printed from BBQGuru.com 4/19/2019