Chicken Thigh Stew (Dutch Oven)
Cook Time: 2.5 hours
Ready In: 2.5 hours
Perfect for a Sunday dinner, this classic Chicken Stew is loaded with BBQ inspired flavors from BBQ Guru’s BBQ Bob.
- 1 family pack of chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 shallots (thick cut)
- 1 bunch of leeks chopped and sautéed in olive oil and 1 tbs. of butter. (Cook until they wilt, about 4 minutes)
- 4 cloves garlic (thick sliced)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups chopped carrots (sliced into medallions)
- 12-15 small red and gold potatoes quartered
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/3 C. Italian parsley chopped
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- Olive oil
- BBQ Bob's Hav'n A BBQ 7Bones rub
- Put a small bed of coals in your grill or in a fire proof area in a yard.
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs. Season with salt, pepper, and 7Bones Rub.
- Heat a skillet over high heat and put the olive oil in the hot pan.
- Sear the chicken thighs for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown (make sure the chicken does not get cooked through) and then set aside.
- Pour two quarts of chicken stock into the Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken thighs, onion, shallots, leeks, rosemary, parsley, and garlic.
- Place the Dutch oven onto the coals and put the lid on to.
- Place a few hot coals on the lid of the Dutch oven and around the sides (Be careful not to have too many hot coals around the Dutch oven or all of the liquid will boil out rapidly). Check on it often.
- Cook for approximately 1 ½ hours and then add potatoes, carrots, celery, and 2 tbs. of 7Bones rub.
- Cook for an additional hour or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Add more if needed.
- Remove and discard any remaining chicken from the bone.
- Serve with crusty fresh bread and enjoy!
|ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 bbqguru.com
||Printed from BBQGuru.com 12/14/2018